Popular Posts

Monday, January 31, 2011

You call it tomato....I call it gross.

Well, after the weekend, I'm back. The recent struggle is vegetables. I need to eat a salad and believe it or not I want too, I really do. Tim is so good at eating healthy things. I absolutely hate TOMATOES! The sight of them makes me gag uncontrollably. I love ketchup!! I am the kind of person that, I put ketchup on my ketchup! Another thing I HATE , MAYONNAISE! That's probably good though, it's bad for you. Okay, I am going to list the other items that absolutely repulse me on every level....it doesn't matter how you cook them!
1. Balogna- I will throw up!
2. Hot-Dogs- Sick!
3. Avacado
4. Onion
5. Green Peppers
6. Sour Cream
7. Any meat that is pacakged!
8. Fast food meat- gag me out!
The reason I am sharing this is because I am going to pick the healthy things from this list and try to fit them into ONE of my meals this week. I am going to go for 3, 4, 5, the rest is bad for you anyway! I promise to try tomatoes, also. A lifestyle change has to be something that is going to continue, therefore, I am going broaden my horizen in food choices. Last night for dinner I had : 3 egg whites scrambled, 2 pieces of wheat toast (no butter) and 1 piece of sausage. I was proud of myself. I made myself a parfait for dessert : half of a banana , 1 cup of strawberry yogurt (yoplait) and grapes on top. I put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. It was delicious!!! If any of you guys have any suggestions or comments , please let me know! I am very open-minded on recipes and opinions. Well, be careful with the opinions , depending on what day it is, I could possibly get ghetto if you offend me! (jk)
I want to also Thank everyone who has taken time to read my blog. I received so many uplifting comments! It means so much to me that all of my friends, even from the past, have written me encouraging comments and text. Doing this blog is putting my life and struggles out there to one day help someone , but to also push myself harder, because I know everyone is watching and keeping up!
So, I've been thinking about where I am going to shop when I drop those dress sizes!! Number one on my list :
1. New York and Company- I want those cute little dresses that you can wear with leggings. I may even buy leggings! ( I have some already, but I refuse to wear them, OMG! Did I really just post this?)
2. American Eagle- I love, love, love their jeans! I can't wait to wear jeans that have those cute little tears and worn look :) If you see that my jeans have tears now, they were NOT made that way, I'm sure I busted the seam or I made them myself because they don't come in my size. It's exciting to me ....right now my jeans have elastic in the waist- ba..ha..ha!
3. Hollister- I love their t-shirts and long sleeve, fitted shirts ( Right now, all my shirts are fitted, but not in a good way :( )
4. Aeropostale- They have the cutest pajama pants! ( I wear , what Tim says , is a moo-moo - hahaha)
5. Victoria's Secret- Now, this list could get long! I love there bra's ( current bra- Lane Bryant) I don't want to have to buy extenders anymore. Next, the cute little underwear! They are so bright and cute! No More Granny Pannies for me America!!!!
6. Motherhood Maternity( maybe a result of number 5, haha)- I hope to shop here only when I have a healthy body , after all, this is one of the main reasons. I want a shirt that says "bun in the oven", "hot moma", or one that says, " baby makes the belly go round' ".
Keep the comments and motivation coming...it brings on the perseverance!! Be patient with me on the blogging, I am getting use to it and I will soon learn to make it pretty!
James 1:2-3 ="Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance".

2 comments:

  1. Danielle I LOVE your blog!! It's so brave of you to 'put it all out there'! I hate tomatos too! But this summer I found some that I love! They are orange...wierd I know. Look for different varieties. You might have to wait until spring and get them from the farmers market but they are really good...once you get past the whole fact that it's a tomato! They are really good for cooking and putting on sandwiches. And the onions and peppers...not my favorites either but try them in stir fry...they just kinda taste like whatever sauce you use. Keep up the good work girl! You have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete