Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Track!

So, here is the first check-in . Yesterday Tim and I went to the hospital track to walk. It was my idea. I was ready!! The first lap was nothing, I was telling Tim how "slow" he was walking. Well, lap 2, I start to get a little winded especially walking up the slope. Guess what, Tim is doing well....he is just walking along talking, smiling, talking about the future. Okay Mister! I need you to stop asking me questions! I am winded , not use to walking, and I DO NOT want to talk! Lap 3, my legs are shaking, I'm still winded, I think I may fall walking down this hill......Tim is still talking !! Towards the end of this lap he says , " Babe you've got this, keep up a steady pace we are almost there." I am thinking , SHUT-UP! I have asthma , a buldging disk, morbidly obese, and you want me to keep up a steady pace??? Lap 4, I am about to faint, I no-longer have control of my legs, I'm shaking, can't hardly catch a breath, and I may even cry......Tim is still talking!! We have maybe 50 ft. of hill left in this last lap and I am ready to give up!! I can't do this! I say out loud, " I can't do this, I'm hurting!" Tim grabs my hand and says,"Babe, I am going to do it with you , yes you can, look down and you will be there before you know it." Well, I did just that and when I looked up I was done! Yay! We finished, together! It was just one simple mile, but it was a mile that I didn't think I would ever make it through, but I did!! Ready to do it again!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Way to go! You have an AWESOME partner!!!! I love you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love your blog! I'm so glad that you've started one! It sounds like you have an incredible husband - you can do it!! I'll be rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie!! Thank you so much! That means so much to me! Thanks for taking the time to read!! :) Hope you and your husband are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete